The Department of English's Esther Freier Lecture Series presents former US Poet Laureate (2019-2022) Joy Harjo and National Book Critics Circle Award-winning poet Layli Long Soldier reading from and discussing their poetry. Co-sponsored by the Department of American Indian Studies; AIS Associate Professor Christopher Pexa will moderate a conversation about contemporary Native American poetry. A book signing will immediately follow the event.
This event will be captioned and ASL interpreted, with other accessibility services available upon request.
Layli Long Soldier
- This is a free, ticketed event
- No limit; tickets available up to and throughout the event.
- General Admission
- Free event, ticket required
- Limited space availability, early registration is suggested
- Ticket holders, within 24 hours from the start of the event, watch your email for detailed Event Info from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recording will be available for a limited time after the event at cla.umn.edu/english