Northrop’s building and garages are open.
- New dates for The Joffrey Ballet and the ENCORE Cast Party have been announced. Ticket holders have received emails with details and options.
- The building and parking garages have been open since Jan 31 after the engineers, facilities, and health and safety personnel worked to assess the damage and ensure that the building and garages were safe following a parapet wall failure on Jan 11.
- The Bistro at Northrop is open.
- The ground east entrance of Northrop is now open for regular business hours and events.
- Lily Plaza has reopened for vehicular traffic.
- Service at the east side Box Office (open Mon-Fri, 10:00 am-5:00 pm for walk-up guests) has moved to the west side Box Office near the building entrance. The east Box Office windows WILL be open for events.
- The east side Box Office will reopen on Mon, Feb 13.
- Please note that some areas in the building—including sections of stairwells—will be roped off due to construction. Signage in the building will guide visitors to alternate routes.
- The theater stage was not impacted by the parapet wall failure—performances will not be altered in any way.
- You may see some aesthetic differences inside the building—notably on the third floor. You may see some stairwells and other areas roped off with signage guiding you to alternate routes.
- If you have tickets to future Northrop performances, please note that currently scheduled events are moving forward as planned. We do not anticipate additional closures due to construction and look forward to welcoming you back.
Thank you to our community for your patience and encouragement during this time. We are grateful for the tremendous outpouring of support and look forward to seeing you at Northrop soon!
Updated Feb 7
On the evening of Jan 11, Northrop experienced a parapet wall failure. While the theater itself is unaffected, barriers are in place to keep pedestrians a safe distance away.